Vaughn Building Renewal
Why renovate the Vaughn?
- 40 years since the last renovation, the VPL is overdue for basic systems, furnishings and spatial improvements
- More space for public meetings, teen and children’s programs and casual reading will be created
- Historic features like storefront windows and a Main St entrance will inspire revitalization in downtown Ashland
- Building safety will be improved throughout, including foundation repair, a sprinkler system and more bright, open spaces
- Energy efficiency upgrades will include HVAC systems, lighting, plumbing, electricity, windows and added insulation
- Good stewardship of community assets like the library is important to the vitality of Ashland
Meet the Architect
Funding the Renewal Project will include both public and private dollars. Public funding for Phase One, which addresses essential building systems and renews aging infrastructure of a City of Ashland building will cost a homeowner whose home is valued at $100,000 $18...
City of Ashland voters will have an opportunity to vote on whether or not to fund Phase One of the Vaughn Library Renewal Plan on April 2, 2024. The question will be "Shall the city of Ashland be authorized to borrow by issuing, pursuant to Chapter 67 of the...
During the winter of 2021, worked with focus groups at the library to develop a design for the renovation plan. The framework for the hour-long sessions was “Keep, Toss, Create”. Together, residents and the architects identified the spaces and services that are a...
2023 Donation Program
Support the Vaughn Public Library Renewal!
Every dollar has impact! Whether you give once or set up a recurring donation, each donation moves us forward in our goal of creating a bright & responsive library for present and future generations. Thank you!
All donations are tax deductible.
Vaughn Public Library
502 Main St. West
Ashland WI 54806
Monday - Wednesday 9 - 7 pm
Thursday - Friday 9 - 6 pm
Saturday 9 - 2 pm
Book Nook Hours
Tuesday & Thursday 9 - 4 pm
Saturday 9 - 12 pm