Ashland Adult Literacy
Who We Are
Extension Ashland County, the Ashland County Wellness and Recovery Court, NorthLakes Community Clinic, Ashland County Jail and the Vaughn Library have worked in partnership to create the Ashland Literacy agency to meet the needs of adults, especially those who are involved with the justice system.
Our goal is to create a network of trained volunteers who will be connected to individuals expressing a desire to improve their literacy skills. The discovery of learners will be through the partner organizations in addition to Northwest Wisconsin CEP and Northwood Technical College. A call for volunteers will be sent out annually. Another goal is to create increased access to literacy materials to underserved people in our community.
What We Do
Ashland Adult Literacy will manage aspects related to literacy partnerships between learners and volunteers
- discover and assess learners
- discover and train literacy coaches
- match learners & coaches
- facilitate monthly check-in with learners & coaches to help with any issues
- provide literacy resources for teaching and reading
Interested in Being a Literacy Coach?
- Information Meeting Slides
- Form for submitting initial contact information
- Literacy Coach Application Form
- Link to ProLiteracy Training Use this link once you have been given the log in code
Vaughn Public Library
502 Main St. West
Ashland WI 54806
Monday - Friday 9 - 6 pm
Saturday 9 - 2 pm
Book Nook Hours
Tuesday & Thursday 9 - 4 pm
Saturday 9 - 12 pm